Thursday, February 19, 2009

Andrew's Valentine Card


A couple of days ago, I was glancing through Andrew's bag of Valentines cards from his classmates--Ok, ok! I admit it. I was digging frantically in hopes that I had missed a piece of "good" candy during my intitial pilfer last Friday. No luck. Only suckers and a fruit roll-up--(what's up with THAT kid's parents? Just kidding, fruit-roll-up parents).

Anyway, I noticed that I was the only parent who had gone to all the trouble to make home-made valentines cards. I suspect that I have been labeled the "show-off mommy" of the class. You know who I'm talking about; every class has one. And it gets worse: the card is supposed to tie-in with February's theme: Pets. How obsequious!

You have to admit, the cards are pretty cute. The eyes are googly-woogly eyes and bounce around when you move the card. The tongue is actually the wrapper of a Kit-Kat that is taped on the back of the card. (By the way, Kit-Kats qualify as "good" candy). So, I thought I would live up to my reputation and post a picture of the card on the internet.

You think the cards are cute, wait until you see the little mice I'm making for snack next week--they're made of strawberries and are served with a small wedge of cheese . . .

1 comment:

Rhandi said...

What a show off...lol!