stayed up until midnight last night making pot pies. It occurred to me that my favorite thing about making pot pies is that, every time I do it, I think about my grandmother-especially when I do the crust. I remember the way she used to crimp pie crust around the edges of pies and I can almost see her hands doing it. It was one of my favorite things about watching her cook. Miss ya, Nanny.
December 15, 2009 at 9:44am
· Comment · Like
Angela Wells Hopkins and Sherry Patterson like this.
Kristy Benoit I have the same kinda flashback to my grandmother whenever I make teacakes. She's still quite the cookie baker to this day. *warm fuzzy*
December 15, 2009 at 9:45am ·
Gwende Yarbrough Wilmot homemade pot pies...mmmmmmmmm....never tried it but you've given me an idea for supper!
December 15, 2009 at 9:46am ·
Elaine Dittmer i wonder if there will be a time when kids remember how their grandmothers/fathers bought the best stuff? yeah probably ;-)
December 15, 2009 at 12:33pm ·
Pamela Schultz I was thinking of her while wrapping gifts today. I think of how she made sure all the corners were creased evenly and the bows died just right. The bed would be piled with ribbon, paper, and of course gifts. Every time someone tried to open the door she made them get out.
I miss her too.
December 15, 2009 at 7:21pm ·
Lester Lawler great story. When I make gravy I do the same . I see granny doing it. Miss her too !
December 16, 2009 at 1:21pm ·
No comments:
Post a Comment