Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'm doing all your work

Andrew spilled his milk, then slipped and fell in it. I asked him to sit down while I cleaned it up and he said, "Mom, why can't I help you?" Sensing a slight tone of hurt feelings, I said, "Ok, get that towel and we'll wipe up the wetness." He started wiping the floor and I stood up to rinse out my towel in the sink. Almost immediately, he said, flatly, "Mom. I'm doing all your work." What?! Like · · June 28, 2011 at 7:49pm Elaine Dittmer likes this. Eliz Wiggins Geez! He sounds like my husband! Lol June 28, 2011 at 8:40pm · Like Elaine Dittmer OMG! Chloe is 4 and asked if she could help me. i ask her to put away my shoes in the closet (there were four pair next to the bed....yeah I'm a slob). She happily put them away. This HAS to be a gender difference. But of course that's politically incorrect to say. June 29, 2011 at 8:26am · Unlike · 1 Elaine Dittmer She didn't even say "They're NOT MY SHOES." June 29, 2011 at 8:39am · Like Elaine Dittmer ACK Andrew didn't even say "all THE work" he said "all YOUR work" OK it is time for Andrew to have a job, unloading the dishwasher, emptying trash, SOMETHING that is HIS job. YEP! June 29, 2011 at 12:43pm · Like Sue Ann Andrews LOL!! Yes, he needs to get a job! He's definitely a "helper" but in a more abstract way . . . he likes to make sure everyone got the memo, is doing what they're supposed to be doing, and feels good about it. He's not so concerned with the details of helping. Ya know the, uh, "work" part. I need to let him "help" more often. :) June 29, 2011 at 1:38pm · Like Elaine Dittmer Oh he's a manager/supervisor! He needs his OWN job. Chloe can put away the silverware. Course she wants to run the vacuum. When Emma was five, if you asked her what she liked: "little girl, what do you like to do?" "I like to clean". WHAT did she say? She said "She likes to clean"! She still does. Amazing. June 29, 2011 at 1:42pm · Like Sue Ann Andrews Emma . . . professional organizer? Event Planner? Or maybe it's the gratification of a job well done? . . . these days, I prefer elves. June 29, 2011 at 2:02pm · Like

No comments: