Saturday, April 23, 2011

Andrew: (visibly upset) Mom, Sarah has my dinosaurs! Me: Sarah, those are Andrew's dinosaurs. Let's go get *your* dinosaurs. Sarah: (screaming with her loudest tiger voice) I don't WANT my own!! I want ANDREW'S!!! Would it be considered bad parenting if I just told Andrew to hide all of his stuff? Like · · April 23, 2011 at 9:45am Patricia PA Frey, Elaine Dittmer and Lester Lawler like this. Lester Lawler you always hide the good stuff..lol April 23, 2011 at 9:52am · Like Elaine Dittmer It would be wise parenting. At least for now. Or a high enough slide lock on the outside of his door that Sarah can't reach it. If the said dinosaurs are in his room. If not, well, she's always gonna want his stuff, it doesn't get better until about 11-13. And he's never gonna want her stuff. In the teen years it's just horrible verbal wrangling mostly. April 23, 2011 at 10:03am · Like Jack Taylor That isn't bad parenting, your teaching him a valuable life skill. April 23, 2011 at 11:28am · Like Hollie Wood Blair It's not bad parenting at all!!! We had a neighbor boy who broke something every time he came over to play, so I taught my kids to hide the "good stuff!!" April 23, 2011 at 12:07pm · Like Pamela Schultz When you were his little you had a toybox for guests only and all the rest was on shelves and hidden. April 23, 2011 at 1:05pm · Like

No comments: